4 weeks, 2 days
About the level This is the first of 5 courses that will help you reach an Advanced C1 level of English. It's for people age 13 and older with a solid upper-intermediate knowledge of English. In this course, you will:
- have extensive and guided practice in the 4 language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) learn grammar, vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, common uses and expressions in English.
- learn and use speaking, reading, listening and writing techniques.
- have up to 8 live Skype sessions, with one of our Cambridge certified teachers and with a maximum of 3 other students, to practice conversations and receive feedback on your progress.
- understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- produce clear and detailed texts on a wide range of topics and explain your point of view about a current issues.
- produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- 1A Talk about second language learning 00:00:00
- 1B Describe languages and how they change 00:00:00
- 1C Express yourself in an inexact way 00:00:00
- 1D Write a web forum post 00:00:00
- Unit 1 Language: Review and extension 00:00:00
- 2A Describe extreme sensory experiences 00:00:00
- 2B Talk about plans, intentions and arrangements 00:00:00
- 2C Give advice 00:00:00
- 2D Write a report 00:00:00
- Unit 2 Going to extremes: Review and extension 00:00:00
- English Advanced 01 Final Written Test 00:00:00